Hearing Aid Benefits
If you are hearing impaired, you will benefit from wearing hearing aids, period.
Do you struggle with any of the following?
- Hearing over the phone.
- Following the conversation when two or more people are talking at the same time.
- Having the TV volume being too high for everyone else in the room
- Hearing conversations in a noisy background such as a party
- Hearing some sounds like the phone or doorbell ring.
- Knowing where a sound came from.
- Asking people to repeat themselves.
- Misunderstanding some words in a sentence
- Understanding the speech of women and children.
- Feeling that many people mumble when they talk.
- People get annoyed because you misunderstand what is being said.
- Make inappropriate responses due to misunderstandings
- Avoid social activities because you cannot hear well and fear that I’ll reply improperly.
A hearing aid can help alleviate all of those struggle and then some. Hearing aids allow you to be apart of the conversation again and conversation allows for a much higher stimulation of the mind, keeping you feeling younger for longer
How much benefit will they have on me?
Your personal benefit from hearing aids will depend on many factors.
- How long you waited before you did something about your problem.
- How much hearing you have left (residual hearing).
- How much your speech discrimination (word recognition ability) has been affected.
- Your overall health: diabetes, stroke, kidney disease.
- How well you adapt to change.
Your hearing loss didn’t happen overnight. It may take a some time to adjust to using hearing aids to get the maximum benefit from them.
Choosing the right hearing professional is the most important decision a hearing impaired person can make when they’re finally ready to do something about their hearing problem. The correct hearing aid recommendation and fitting is highly dependent on the judgment and skill of the professional selecting the instrument.
The hearing aids we select for you are based on the results of the test, your budget, your lifestyle and a host of other factors. We promise to explain everything to you, without using a bunch of technical terms that are designed to confuse you further.